The prostate is a part of the male reproductive system, and is about the size of a kiwi fruit. It can be very pleasurable when stimulated and some men can achieve orgasm simply from prostate stimulation.
Prostate stimulation is an often overlooked and somewhat taboo sexual practice, as it does involve some form of anal penetration. This is unfortunate, as prostate stimulation is not only very pleasurable, but also very beneficial to prostate health.
Prostate stimulation is easy and can be done with a finger or a toy, with a partner, or on your own. Below are some basic guidelines and tips, but there is no one right way, so experiment and find out what works best for you.
Start off by making sure everything is nice and smooth. If you’re using your fingers, trim and file the nails. If using a toy instead, check to make sure there are no sharp or rough spots on the toy. You’re dealing with a very sensitive area and not a very comfortable place to get a cut or scrape.
Now get comfortable. Take a bath or shower, put on your favorite adult movie, have a beer or glass of wine, whatever it takes for you to relax. The whole process is easier and more comfortable when you're relaxed. Some people find the most comfortable position for a prostate massage is laying on one side, top leg drawn up, and knee towards your chest. T
his position gives you easy access to all areas involved and is comfortable to stay in for long periods of time.
Get your lube handy. When it comes to anything anal, there's no such thing as too much lubrication. Start by lubricating your anus, gently but firmly working your way inside. Always start with a finger even when you plan to do the massage with a toy, you'll have better control and will massage and relax your anus allowing for easier access for your toy. When ready to use your toy, lubricate it as well.
Now the fun part, the prostate is about two inches inside your body, or two knuckles deep on your finger, and towards the front of your body. If using fingers for stimulation you’ll want to imagine making a “come here” motion with your fingers with the “hook” part moving towards the penis. You may have to do a little exploration to find the prostate since not all people are built the same but the prostate is rich in nerve endings and you should definitely know when you've hit the right spot.
1. If you're squeamish, you can wear latex gloves (un-powdered ones, please) to keep your hands clean and use a condom on whatever toy you use for easy clean up.
2. A silicone based lubricant is the current favorite lubricant for any sort of anal penetration because it lasts a long time and stays slippery without getting sticky. Some silicone based lubricants are designed specifically for anal play and have ingredients to help relax anal muscles. The Backdoor Glide From Pjur is a popular choice.
3. There are many toys designed just for prostate stimulation. Some vibrate, some don’t. Many, such as the Aneros or Nexus, are designed to work with your body for easy, hands free pleasure.
1. If you feel any discomfort stop immediately. Readjust, relax, and take a deep breath before continuing. You're dealing with sensitive areas so care must be taken. If discomfort continues, consult a doctor immediately.
2. Any toys used must have a flared base. Contrary to popular thinking, the anus tends to like to draw things inside, so take care to only use toys designed to be used anally to prevent any trips to the emergency room to have them removed.
3. Breathe! Breathe deeply and calmly, holding your breath causes most people to tense up, being tense can make insertion or removal of a toy or finger painful. Taking nice, deep breaths relaxes your body automatically.